Investment beliefs are set by the governing board to make sure the investment portfolio is aligned with the following principles:
- Pension liabilities determine the way of investing. The fund invests for the long term.
- Responsible investing is important and adds value.
- The strategic asset allocation is the most important factor for determining risk and return.
- Costs of investing are important and have to be transparent.
- The investment policy must be explainable.
- Risk requires an extra return.
- Diversification over and within different asset classes adds value by improving the risk/return profile.
- The benchmark is hard to beat over the long term.
- Governance and implementation have the same objectives. This is ensured by an own executive organization.
Read more (Dutch).
Strategic Investment Portfolio
The chart below shows the Fund’s strategic asset mix.
As per the end of 2019 Pensioenfonds Horeca & Catering invested:
- € 6.286 million in equities;
- € 4.969 million in fixed income;
- € 1.338 million in real estate.